Thursday 23 August 2018

Physiology Section

When I play Basketball some short term responses to exercise are increased heart rate and response time to muscles.

The first short term response to exercise is that my heart rate increases. The reason my heart rate increases is so that my body can pump out more blood, which results in more oxygen uptake in the working muscles. 

The second short term response to exercise is my muscles increasing in temperature. The reason my muscles increase in temperature is because my muscles are working harder which results in myself sweating which helps cool my body so I don't over heat. This happens in Basketball because my body is reacting to the exercise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I was to play Basketball for a season, some long term adaptions are stronger cardiovascular system and stronger muscles in my body.

The first long term adaption when playing Basketball is a stronger cardiovascular system.
This happens because the heart rate increases in each game, which helps the heart get use to the exercise and strengthens the heart to pump out more blood and oxygen around the body.

The second long term adaption when playing Basketball is stronger muscles in my body.
This happens because as I'm playing, my muscles gradually break down, which allows protein to enter the broken down muscles and make them larger so that they can consume more oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about