Thursday 16 August 2018

Follow-Through


In the follow through phase I still need to contract certain segments. To make sure my shot is effective I need to contract my smaller muscles in my arm. I need to use the right timing during my sequence so I can throw the ball with strength and be as accurate as I can. Also you can see that I am following the sequence because my arms are the only muscles contracting in this phase


While in the follow through phase the joints that are being used are the shoulder and elbow joints
While moving from the execution phase to the follow through phase both my Shoulder and Elbow joints are working. 
1. The Shoulder joint is a ball and socket joint which is extending. The agonist muscle contracting to make this movement is the Latissimus Dorsi  and the antagonist muscle relaxing in this movement is the Pectoralis.
2. The Elbow joint is a hinge joint which is extending. The agonist muscle contracting to make this movement is the tricep and the antagonist muscle relaxing in this movement is the bicep
The differences/similarities I can see in my joints and the ideal are that his elbows are still flexed where mine are extended.

In the follow through phase, I am using the Law of Action and Reaction. Newton's Third law states that whenever a force is applied there is an equal & opposite reaction. If an athlete exerts a force on the ground in order to push off, the ground will exert an equal/opposite force on the athlete pushing them into the air. Action Force= Athlete pushing into the ground. Reaction Force= Athlete rising into the air.
I can see that I am producing force by flexing my knees, the more I flex my knees the more force I can produce in my body and therefore further the ball will be able to go. The greater the action, the greater the reaction.


In the follow through phase balance and stability is still important to producing a well executed shot. To be balanced in this phase I need to make sure that my center of gravity is around my chest. I can see that I am balanced in the follow through phase because my center of gravity is in my body. Also I know I am balanced because I have two base's of support and my center of gravity is in the ideal place. The differences/similarities I can see in my balance and stability between me and the ideal is that his arms are flexed while mine are still extended. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about