Thursday 2 August 2018

Execution

In the execution phase I still need to contract as many segments as possible to generate maximum force. As well as using my lower body segments, I also need to contract my upper body muscles in my Basketball Shot. In order to generate maximum force I need to follow a sequence, if you are going from a flexed position to an extended one it means that you are passing through the force from your larger muscles, to your smaller ones. Also, I need to make sure the timing is correct in my sequence. This means that when I'm generating the force from largest to smallest each muscle has to contract one after the other with the correct timing for a more coordinated shot.

While in the execution phase, the joints that are being used are the knee, hip and elbow joints.
The knee joint is a hinge joint and the agonist (contracting) muscle is the quadriceps and the antagonist (resting) muscle is the hamstring.
The hip joint is a ball and socket joint which is extending and the agonist (contracting) muscle is the glueteus maximus and the antagonist (resting) muscle is the Hamstring.
The elbow joint is a hinge joint that is extending and the agonist (contracting) muscle is the tricep and the antagonist (resting) muscle is the bicep.
The differences and similarities I can see in my joints and the ideal are that my arms aren't fully extended and the ideal is extended, I also noticed my knees also aren't fully extended.

In the execution phase, I am using the law of ACCELERATION. This second law states that when a force is applied to an object it will move in the direction of the force being applied, and will accelerate at a rate dependent upon, the size of the force and size of the object, a small object will move faster than a larger object, greater force will move an object faster than a smaller force. The more force I produce and flex my muscles during the preparation phase, the more further I can shoot the ball. The way I am applying force on the basketball is by contracting my legs, the more I contract my legs the more force I produce. Therefore pushing the ball away from my body and using that force to accelerate the basketball into the direction of the hoop.

In the execution phase balance and stability is important to produce a well coordinated shot. To be balanced my centre of gravity has to be around my chest. Centre of gravity can be defined as  the hypothetical point around which the force of gravity appears to act. Also, I know I'm stable in this phase even though I have no base of support, because my centre of gravity is still in the ideal place. The differences and similarities I can see in my joints and the ideal are that my arms aren't fully extended and the ideal is extended, I also noticed my knees also aren't fully extended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about